It’s July! How is that possible? We had an early leave at work today, which was so nice, and I’m now en route to the airport. Andrew and I are going to see my family in Cleveland for the weekend and celebrate my wonderful friend Cassie’s wedding. It’s been a busy week and I’m so looking forward to my siblings, wine and the sunshine.
To recap this week a bit, we moved our stuff out of our apartment on Tuesday to a storage unit, slept on an air mattress the remainder of the week in our empty apartment and will move in to our next apartment next week. Definitely a bit crazy and I’ve also had no internet, so I’ve missed this little hobby of mine. Here are some of my week’s pick-me-ups for today’s edition of Friday Favorites.
1. Why you should add lemon to your morning routine. I’ve made a point to drink more water recently because this is something I’m just not good at. I don’t drink much coffee and love heating up a cup of water and squeezing a lemon into it in the morning before work. Sometimes I really think it tastes better than tea.
2. A handy chart to help you decide which sunglasses are best for your face shape. Not that I really pay attention to this, whoops.
3. Six secrets to keeping fresh flowers alive. A bible of sorts…not really, but I’m actually so excited to have our next apartment moved in already. The moving process is definitely not the most fun and I miss big grocery shopping trips and fresh flowers since there’s really been no point in them amidst moving out.
4. An essential guide to cheap red wine. Yes please.
5. These last minute 4th of July recipes for this weekend that I rounded up! Andrew and I didn’t miss celebrating our move out (if that’s a thing that can be celebrated) by going out to eat pretty much every night this week (below), so let’s just keep the celebrations happenin’ for the 4th.